Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Night & Day

Hi everyone,
 
Hope you guys are doing well & enjoying whatever life brings to your way!
 
Can you believe it? It's been almost a year and a half since I started working as a guide dog in San Diego!!! I think I could run around downtown San Diego like a champ with my eyes closed! Oops, Nikki's giving a "That's Enough" look!!!
 
There is a rout that we've been walking almost every day since my day 1 as a guide. It's a short rout from Nikki's office building to the nearby post office. Not a hard rout at all despite a major intersection. Actually, I like crossing Broadway & 2nd because I know a kibble is coming at the curb! Weird street layout? I've got it down; no prob!!!
 
Then what is so significant about this rout? Well, it's full of surprises, and you never know what/who we encounter every day! Since it's usually around lunch time, the street is crowded. There are people sitting at the outside cafe, playing music at the curb or just pan-handling, and of course my favorite, yummy stuff on the ground & people walking their dogs!!! I'm usually good at ignoring all these distraction and focus on the task at hand, but sometimes, temptations are much greater!!! Nikki thinks my guide work can be night & day. 

1 comment:

Becky Andrews said...

Love to read about your adventures! Hope we can cross paths again ...

Blog Archive