Sunday, April 5, 2009

My 3rd Birthday

On my birthday morning, I woke up in my big cozy princess bed, surrounded by stuffed toys, squeaky toy, and lots of yummy treats! Then kibbles, oh the endless shower of kibbles, apple slices, and .....

Then I was awakened by a familiar noise; yes, that familiar sound; Greg snoring, Banzai whining & Nikki stretching not wanting to get up. I was no longer on a princess bed, and all the treats & toys were gone! Then comes the familiar sound of kibbles hitting my bowl! Yes, there's still a hope of endless kibbles with lots of yummy topping! It's my birthday after all. In human, I'm supposed to be 21. I deserve more rights!!!

To my dismay, I only got a cup of usual breakfast, and of top of that, I had to work on my b-day! Nikki & Greg have started house-hunting. So we were loaded in our friend's car and went to look at places in different neighborhoods in San Diego. Hope they get a nice house with backyard again so Banzai & I can play. But Nikki doesn't want a huge backyard because she's just lazy... She's supposed to be a farmer's daughter, but yard work and home maintenance/improvement are all Greek to her! What's up with that!

Then in the evening, Nikki & I went to Old Town to meet up with Becky & Cricket and her family & friend. We had never met each other, but we have been blogging buddies! So when Becky came to San Diego for conference, they decided to finally meet in person! Cricket is slightly bigger and maybe wiser than me, but we look very much alike! Maybe we're half or quarter sisters??? We all went to Cafe Coyote for dinner. It was very crowded! Cricket and I showed off an excellent guide work, if I must say myself, in the crowd! I even picked up my speed and showed off how well I knew San Diego! Well, at some point, I was walking too fast because Nikki kept telling me "steady," which is a command for slow down.

All & all, I had a good birthday! I wish Cricket lived closer so we could play together often.

4 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Happy Birthday, Coral! I am sorry we didn't have a new special nylabone when we saw you yesterday. How very special it was to meet you both! Loved it and thanks so much for making the time to see us - Just got home and will post a picture of us and our two sweet girls on my blog soon!

Emily and the Labradors said...

Happy birthday Coral! It sounds like a very special birthday getting to meet new friends!

3 labs 4 me said...

Happy Birthday Coral. Becky & Cricket are my friends too. I live in Oregon with a retired guide named Dakota (Roy) & a cc dog named Desma. Dakota's 9th birthday is today April 6th. He started off birthday celebrations with a brisk morning walk. This afternoon we'll head over to the local dog park & play with doggie friends. We'll wrap up birthday celebrations with ice cream!
Debi Hays

Princess Coral said...

Thanks everyone for your b-day wishes! Yes, meeting new friends was the best present for both canine & human here:) Big smiles & thunder tail wag!

Blog Archive