Friday, October 16, 2009

Tidbits of Stuff

So, Nikki always acts like she's working so hard, and that's all she does! But that's not true!
She has such a sweet hubby who surprises her with occasional nite-out & trips.
 
This summer, we went to Vegas to celebrate our friend's birthday. The idea sounded so cool until I found out that it was going to be crazy hot there in July!!! I thought San Diego summer was hot, but no joke! Vegas was burning my paws even at night!!! It wasn't too bad when we were moving, but stopping at the curb was like a torture. I couldn't help dancing around & got a yank on my leash. Boo... What have I done to deserve this??? We tried to stay inside during the day, and went out at night. But it was hot even at night!!! Like one bus driver said, "All you tourists, you pay my bills. But who in the right mind would think about going to the middle of the desert in summer if it wasn't for Las Vegas!" ... Well, we all survived & had a good time! Of all the nice restaurants and buffet, the place Nikki wanted to eat in Vegas was Sonic!!! Cheap date, huh!
 
San Diego is not the entertainment capital, so-to-speak, but there are tons of stuff for enrichment. We saw two Broadway shows this summer. "Wicked" and the "Lion King" They were both very good shows with lots of music. While people enjoyed the show, I traveled to the Oz and African Savannas in my sleep. zzzzzzz
 
Who said labs are supposed to love water! You know how I hate water... So all these times I've lived in San Diego, I had never been on the beach; we've walked along the boardwalk, but never on the sand where the chance of getting wet is greater. Well, that was until a few weeks ago. We went to La Jolla Shore with friends. One of them was visiting all the way from Hong Kong! No, it's not the kind of Kong toy! Silly pups! But that's OK; I thought about Kong too when she told us that she was from Hong Kong!!! Anyway, they decided to go closer to the water! I was a bit nervous, but I gave in & went with them. Nikki took off the harness so I could relax & enjoy the beach. We walked along the water line, but the waves were really after us! My paws got wet, and I wasn't real happy about it. While we were on the beach, a lifeguard came up to us and said that the dogs weren't allowed till 6:00pm. But he was cool with me as soon as Nikki told him that I was a guide dog. He even gave me a pat on the head.
 
Another first was the dog park! Joe & Jake took us to a dog park they go often. WOW so many dogs!!! Little ones, big ones, nice ones, mean ones... we all ran around & had ton of fun! We had to cut it short because some mean dogs started a big fight. I hope we go back to the dog park again some time soon! I hear that there's a cool dog beach in Coronado with fewer mean dogs. That sounds really fun! I wish I could go right now! I'm always working. I need R&R...
 
Well, that's the rundown of my summer happenings. Hope you aren't tired of reading it; that's if you managed to read the whole thing...
 
Time to go do my biz!
 
Love from your Princess

No comments:

Blog Archive