Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching Up

Happy Summer to You!!!

Up to Mother's Day, I was very good at posting on holidays at least! But I realize that I didn't acknowledge Father's Day or 4th of July!!! No offense to dad or America here!!! I love all dads in my life, and USA too!
Anyway, as I finally found the chance to invade the keyboard, I'm catching up on my long neglected blog! Hope I haven't lost too many friends here...

This is my 2nd summer here in San Diego. The weather so far has been pretty generous on my paws, but hot ones are on the horizon, I can tell! We're all doing fine in my family. Greg has been staying out of hospital; better yet, his blood disorder is almost gone, and he's started sailing again! He won the first place at the race on San Diego Bay a few weeks ago! Go Greg!!! Greg is cooking a lot too! He's a very good chef! Lucky Nikki! I just wish he'd make some doggie cookies every now & then; or just drop some scraps for me & Banzai. That's not too hard to do, is it?
The crackhead pup, Banzai is, well what can I say, ... he's being Banzai!!! In his lil world, he's the center of the universe! But believe or not, I've become to like him! We enjoy keepaways in the backyard. And my Meanness, oh I mean Nikki, she's doing OK. Things are not so rosy at the job-front. So she's sorta stressed out every day, but all & all she's still working. That's important 'coz someone has to make money to buy kibbles!

We spent our 4th of July with Greg's family. In Fontana, we can still legally light our own fireworks! So they decided to make their own booms & bangs at the front yard!!! I stayed in the house on tiedown. I protested first, but as soon as I heard those noises, I didn't mind staying in too much.

Greg & Nikki were quite bummed when they canceled their Hawaii trip this summer. But instead, they have 3 trips planned out in the near future; Vegas in a few weeks, Miami for Halloween time, then Vegas again for holidays! Looks like I get to go to all 3! YAY!!! We are all looking forward to those little trips.

Well, that's pretty much the tidbits of my life. I promise I'll update more often. So stay tuned!
But for now, have a nice weekend:)

1 comment:

Zane Train II - The Parka Express said...

Princess,

Thank you for sharing what your summer is like and your plans for traveling. Dad & I have been doing a lot of traveling together. We went to Texas in June and just got back from Yellowstone Park.

I know what you mean by "hot paws"! I really had to do some high-stepping in San Antonio last month where he was 100 degrees. Dad did not bring my "gloves" so he has nice and moved fast to the shade.

Miami & Vegas? Dad says those are really far apart. You must be a real gambler? Do you prefer poker or black jack?

I hope we get to meet at our next reunion which I heard them starting to talk about for next year. It was fun seeing a gang that I did not know. Zane must be a pretty great boy.

Lots of love and licks, Miss Parka

Blog Archive